Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Going backward

Not exactly ... I just did the reverse of the fairly boring run I did yesterday. I felt great, it was a beautiful morning, and cooler, but it was no more interesting. I encountered a woman running with a big German shepherd right at the start, and surprisingly I went faster than she did.

Temperature was in the low 40s, and as I was coming back to the east, a beautiful sunrise was in the making -- orange glow over the nearby Highwood Mountains and an unusually orderly, corduroy sky running perpendicular to the coming sun's rays (i.e. north to south).

Surprising also what a difference about 10 minutes makes. Yesterday, when I started about 10 minutes later than today, traffic was a nuisance, blinding me in the dark. Today, I met two or three cars, on a busy street way at the west end (32nd, I think) and nothing else. Even 10th was almost unoccupied.

Not much else to muse about, unless it's work, and we don't want to go there, do we.

5-1/2; 15-1/2; 42; 519-1/2
Posted by Mose, 6:06 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]