Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, October 07, 2005

Early, dark, warm, long

That about sums it up. I awoke half an hour before the coffee pot, hit the start button and was out trotting in the dark before 5:30. The oddest part of it -- especially after the past few days -- was that it was 56 degrees out. I could have run in a t-shirt, but wore the longsleeves out of habit.

There was a slight overcast, and a moderate southwest wind, which together account for the temperature. On my way home last night, I gauged the distance of the little loop that goes up to the Air Force Base's gate, so I went that way today, tacking a long loop through and around Portage Meadows (clear west to 42nd), then back on the connector between 2nd Ave N and 3rd Ave S.

Uneventful, except for the road-killed black lab on 10th N near the grain elevator. It was so dark, it was little more than a dark spot in my eyes, but I drove past later on the way to work and saw what it was. Bloated and messy. Glad the wind was blowing, because the smell would have been unpleasant. And glad I didn't step on it.

Anyway, I felt a little stiff (I have gone pretty far in the past five days ... not anything like a PR, but long for this stage of my running, coming back from a hiatus and a little overweight), but it got better as I went.

Call it
6-1/2; 27-1/2; 27-1/2; 567-1/2
Posted by Mose, 7:40 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]