Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Rain and news

Well just as I sat down to write this, NPR reported that Harriet Miers has withdrawn as nominee for the Supreme Court. Too bad, and you saw it here first!

It's raining lightly in Great Falls this morning. I did the base-gate to Portage Meadows route, having a little trouble with steaming-up glasses. It was very nice, overall, but there was an extraordinary amount a traffic all through the route, except for the base-gate loop.

One bad stretch of 46th between 3rd Ave S and 2nd Ave N always is a problem, because it's dark, curves a little and doesn't have much of a shoulder, at least not in the dark. Most days, I might see one car, maybe two. Today, there were at least 15. I don't know what was going on ... a presunrise service at the Mormon church? Beats me. I actually had to stop and stand aside a few times.

Other than that, I felt great and the weather was very good for running. Mist, 45 degrees, tiny bit of breeze.

5-1/2; 24; 106-1/2; 646-1/2
Posted by Mose, 6:05 AM

1 Comments:

Does it mess up your rhythm when you have to pause for cars like that?
Blogger atomicweightofcheese, at 7:46 AM  

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]