Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, October 14, 2005

Yo yo weather

Continuing the odd pattern of warm days followed immediately by cooler, today's run was 37 degrees and clear as a bell. I awoke early and was done running before 5:30 a.m. Needless to say traffic was sparse.

I tried a new route that took me north toward the river, all the way to the big bend in the Northeast Bypass, then west along it to the industrial park. Went through that ("North Star Boulevard") to 38th St, then back southward via 7th Ave N, 44th St, and past the Mormon Church to 3rd Ave S.

It's not exactly scenic, but the streets are in excellent shape and dodging cars is not a problem. I'll probably do it more, so I'll call it the North Star route. (I like the sound of it, if not the reality).

Uneventful otherwise; felt very good and probably ran faster than I have. I'll ck the distance in the car sometime to verify, but it was at least

5-1/2; 22; 57; 597
Posted by Mose, 5:41 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]