Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Monday, November 14, 2005

Not quite snow

It's an eery morning, cold (27 degrees), breezy (20 mph from the north-northwest) and mostly overcast, with the clouds lit up by the wasted town light.

I ran the direct Portage Meadows route, and the coolest part was on 52nd, in the dark near the new soccer park. Snow geese were audible in every direction above me, but I couldn't see any of them. Either they were above the low clouds, or they blend in very well in the dark.

I tried my new Nikes again, after taking them apart a bit and trimming some excess cloth folds that I think were the culprits in my blister a week or two ago. They seemed fine today, so maybe I fixed the problem. And considering that I went 9 miles about 17 hours ago, I felt good, too.

Traffic was light, except again on that 46th street cut-across from the north side to the south, where I had to stand aside again for a couple of cars. It occurs to me that, routines being what they are, it's probably the same people each day, going to work. My title today reflects what was supposed to have happened overnight. There's still snow in the forecast for the next couple of days, including blizzard warnings on the Front. I think it was good to run in the morning today -- the forecast says something about 60 mph winds from the north this afternoon. Brrr.


5; 5; 56; 715
Posted by Mose, 5:31 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]