Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Babying the ankle

Decided to take On the Road off the road, doing 3-1/2 on a precor orbital machine (Ccross trainer? Whatever), followed by a mile and a half around the gym (25 laps).

I felt good, as did the Achilles tendon, until near the end of the jogging. The pain is at a specific spot along the outside of the tendon, which almost suggests sleeping funny or something rather than a strain. On the other hand, it feels good to support it, so I might even try an ace bandage or elastic brace to see if that helps. I usually eschew such devices on the theory that I become reliant on them instead of getting stronger, but I might humor myself a little on this one.

Anyway, an acquaintance on another machine suggested Cork Boat by fallen-away Clinton speech writer John Pollack, saying that it's perfect for mind-numbing workouts. I'll file that on my todo list.

We finished year one of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm last night and, although I love it, I'm note sure to whom I'd recommend it. I guess if you liked Seinfeld, you'll love this. Otherwise, not so much.

Anyway, it's windy and mild out, but I worked out indoors, so it didn't matter.

5; 11-1/2; 36-1/2; 36-1/2
Posted by Mose, 9:02 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]