Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Back to the flats

Felt good, and there's a "close" sky, meaning that the lights from town light up the clouds, which in turn lights up the Flats well enough to see there before dawn. So, that's where I went, like a thief in the night, through my secret route that puts me onto the flats within about a mile of home. It was very nice and quiet. I saw a couple of rabbits, or at least I assume that's what they were, scampering off in front of me. Otherwise, it was uneventful.

There's been a washout from one of the roadcuts that would be interesting to look at in daylight. I couldn't see it well, but it was nice, soft sand and rather large, like a lava flow.

The temperature is right around freezing, and it spit snow a little out at the south end (a mile and a half or so south of town).

6; 22; 11; 118-1/2
Posted by Mose, 6:26 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]