Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Starry night

It was neither Van Gogh nor Don McLean, but it was a spectacular, crisp winter morning with a million stars.

I returned to the flats, where the lack of clouds or moon meant it was very dark. I wore my headlamp to get there, but turned it off when, upon the flats, another light was shining at the other end of the road. It went off, too, so as I ran I kept expecting to meet a runner or bicyclist. Never did, though I turned around at the midpoint gate.

Uneventful aside from the other light, a rabbit near the campground, and losing my way slightly near a fence. Chilly, too, about 25 degrees with a slight breeze. I'll probably finish the Wolfe in the next couple of days. Oddly, I finally have gotten to a part where I don't believe I've read it before. I wonder why I stopped reading 3/4 of the way through? And I wonder when it was? Funny that I don't remember.

I once borrowed some books on tape for a trip to Nebraska (about 5 years ago), and I remember reaching, like, tape 15 and discovering it missing. Maybe this was the book.

Anyway,

5; 5; 27; 134-1/2
Posted by Mose, 5:33 AM

1 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]