Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Post graduate circuit

Graduation was last night, and a good time seemed to be had by all. Nora and C's daughter changed clothes quickly and vamoosed for their overnight party. I'll be curious to hear how that went. My grad gift to Nora was a cell phone. I'd have done it earlier, but she didn't seem interested. I'm pretty sure it is a hit now that she's headed off to college.

I did an expanded GFH run, revisiting the hallowed grounds of last night's ceremonies, grabbing a drink at C's house and motoring on. I was a little tired, probably from lack of sleep more than from exertion (getting home from graduation, I read until about 11, and still got up around 5 to run).

It's cool out, having cleared off after several days of rain — 41 degrees and breezy. I wore the same getup as I wore in the rain Sunday, and got a little warm on the return trip with the wind. I didn't see any other runners, but traffic on the one-ways was lively.

I'm trying to decide whether to enter something in the Governor's Cup in Helena this weekend. I'd think a half marathon would be OK, but I find I'm not up to the level of strength I felt in the mountains a week or so ago. I'll wait another day or two and decide; the races (5k, 10k, 1/2 and full) are Saturday.

I am happy to have managed 100 this month, despite getting sick early on.

7-1/2; 7-1/2; 101; 583-1/2
Posted by Mose, 5:53 AM

1 Comments:

Congrats to the new grads!!! Did you get a little misty-eyed at all? I will be a sobbing mess when Shan graduates.
Blogger atomicweightofcheese, at 6:24 AM  

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]