Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Summertime?

Strange. It was close to 55 when I ran this morning in shorts and a t-shirt, comfortably. Actually, it was comfortable except that I was kind of tired. I think it's just been a grueling period at work, between a number of tangentially related deadlines, the election pace, bad corporate business and so on.

In any case, I went west to the river, then got on the trail and went south instead of the usual north. I wanted to see the progress on the RR overpass to upper River Road. It's pretty torn up now, but eventually I guess they're going to not only improve the bridge, but also put in a trail connection to the overlook park, and eventually the gym. That'll be sweet.

Anyway, saw one guy out walking; very little motor traffic, even on the busy streets. Had one street light go out twice on me, going and coming, along 5th Ave S. That's a first.

I felt pretty good other than the tiredness. I noticed a little flareup of shinsplints after the weekend's long run. Haven't felt that in years. Seems to have passed, though. Glad of that.

Am leaving in a week (day after the election) for a visit to relatives and friends in Nebraska. We'll do a run or two, and attend a Nebraska (vs. Kansas) game. Should be much fun.

5-1/2; 5-1/2; 117; 1252
Posted by Mose, 5:45 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]