Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Behind the front

Now that the wind and snow are past, we're left with clear skies and a temp as I ran today of minus 1. I still was comfortable, except for a slight chill on the chin as I went into the very slight breeze. I felt it mostly as I was southbound next to vacant fields south of Sunnyside School.

Amazingly, as I was eastbound in the general vicinity of the Social Security building, I took off a glove because my downwind hand was warm. It cooled off quickly, needless to say.

A couple of lights went out, and one went on as I passed. Probably the oddest thing to me (aside from my Nano dying after just half an hour) was that I didn't meet or have to wait for a single vehicle on the whole 7-mile run, until the very last intersection before getting home. There I had to slow to let a minivan go through the intersection.

As you can see, I'm getting my running thrills from flickering street lights and traffic density comparisons. That's why I prefer running in the wilds, where at least the scenery keeps me interested. And it's why I listen to books while running. Unfortunately I'm going to have to send my iPod off to get the battery replaced, I think. I'll try "resetting" it, but I can't see how that'd affect battery life.

The forecast is weird through the weekend — highs in the 40s and even 50s one day, but snow scattered throughout. How can that be? Squalls? We'll see.

7; 20; 20; 1347-1/2
Posted by Mose, 5:20 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]