Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, June 28, 2013

Back yet again!

The tall man says howdy for the first time in many months, this time early in the morning below Giant Springs on the River's Edge Trail.

The yucca are in full bloom. This was a good specimen; clusters elsewhere, when I didn't have the phone handy, were more spectacular. AND the beargrass is blooming bigtime on Rogers Pass -- I'll shoot tomorrow when going to run on the Divide.

After busting ribs on a ski trip in early February, I've been a nonrunner, trying to be a writer and mostly living the rich and full life of a retired guy. But last week, C and I flew to Virginia to spend a week with my friends there, and he patiently nursed me back into the fold. We ran on the Robious Landing Park trails each morning, and we were up to more than 2.5 miles by the time I left.

We got back to GF just before midnight Wednesday, and I ran while my oil was being changed Thursday, then again this morning with C, who walked/ran on the River's Edge Trail while I renewed my friendship with the Colter Trail. It was a beautiful morning. I'm going to total the last week's runs below, then post a photo or two from this morning. Feeling good, having lost about 60 pounds since October. Oh my, I'm back -- at age 63!

2.5; 18; 18; 122.5
Posted by Mose, 1:25 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]