Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Divide again

This patch is about 3/4 mile up the trail, just past a pine grove that sometimes has a bear smell.

Coming back down the trail toward the aforementioned pine grove where the beargrass is thick.

























Lovers of beargrass can have an easy show of it on the Continental Divide trail north of Rogers Pass, where I ran again this morning. Not as unbelievably thick as it was a few years ago, but still worth the trip.

As I incrementally increase my distances, today I figure I ran about 5 miles, not counting a couple thousand feet of vertical. I felt good, but still am trying not to overdo it in the interest of building up slowly so I can show the nephew and niece a good piece of Montana in about a month.

Gorgeous morning: 50-60 degrees and sunny with a refreshing breeze. Met two women about my age (?) starting out from the pass as I finished. They were planning on walking all the way to Alice Creek, which is a nice one-way, but they were going to be VERY hot by the time they finished. Hope they took plenty of water. Vanity plate on her small SUV said "HIKER."

5; 8; 8; 138

Posted by Mose, 12:58 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]