Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

High road in light snow


So today I took the left fork in the road, as I said yesterday that I would, and it did, indeed head up the canyon. There are a couple of options once you get up there; today I opted for the road most traveled, which happened to go up the side of the mountain. Inasmuch as I was already more than 2 miles into the run, I didn't pursue it too far, but I went far enough to get this view of the road I'd come up, as well as this higher view:


This is the meadow that I ran around yesterday. Something in it was making a weird screeching noise as I came by it today, but all I saw was a few geese and sandhill cranes. I'll have to take a look at Google Earth and see how far this road goes. I love running up high, so it has definite potential.

Yesterday was weird. It was 45 degrees and sunny when I ran, then the temperature dropped 15 degrees and it snowed pretty much all afternoon. Not a lot stuck, but it prevented work on my deck. Today, it was still about 30 degrees and spitting snow, but it was perfect for running. And it looks as if snow was falling hard in the higher elevations. That would be good because snowpack has fallen below normal thanks to the relatively dry months of February and March.



This is the marshy pothole my route today and yesterday passed. The difference isn't that dramatic, except for the color of the sky.

I'll have two more days of mountain running around this Lincoln before I fly to the other Lincoln in my life, in Nebraska, for a visit. I will try to keep the posts coming via my phone and the blogger app, but it'll be typing on a phone, so I expect the posts will be much shorter until the end of the month. I actually have a number of routes I love to run there, including a couple around university campuses and one in Lincoln's Wilderness Park, where I happened to participate in the park's inaugural hike back in 1972 (for the math-impaired, that's 43 years ago!)

6; 11; 57; 259.3
Posted by Mose, 8:36 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]