Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The other Lincoln


So here's the new Valentino's Pizza, which I must say was a disappointment. It was such a Lincoln (Nebraska) institution and now it's just another corner pizza joint.

Today's route took me from my sister's house south and east to the University of Nebraska east campus. My Moseman grandparents lived there for many years –  actually my whole life before I moved to Montana. 

The picture above is a beautiful lilac garden next to the campus's library. I wandered fairly aimlessly, marveling at how the campus has grown. 

It used to be called the 'ag campus,' but now it's the East Campus, still a decidedly agricultural bent, but law and dentistry, among other disciplines, are there.

The picture below is one of many rows of greenhouses on the campus.


Finally, this is a newly renovated area that used to be a dark grove where, I was once told, my dad proposed to my mom more than 70 years ago. I recognized the old well.

It was raining the whole time, about 52 degrees. Very pleasant, but I had to dodge puddles and worms.

5; 26; 72; 274

Posted by Mose, 7:22 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]