Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Short meander


I went on up this wet trail until it seemed to terminate in an area of springs and spongy marsh. It was found on a spur from a track that I've taken many times in the past month or so. I think it's a tributary of Liverpool Creek, but this area is so laced with small creeks and springs, it's hard to say with certainty what any of them are.

I went short purposely because of the long one Sunday and the longer-and-steeper-than-intended runs Tuesday and Wednesday. Even today I was tempted to keep exploring. I basically was taking every minor spur off this track. Turns out they're minor for a reason: One just was a little detour that may be to a little campsite; the other just went up to this spring area.


This just shows how minor the trails sometimes become. On my way back to the car, I actually met a pickup truck with two guys in it. They waved. And on my way in the car to my starting point, I met two runners, a man and later a woman, heading back toward town on Sucker Creek Road.

3.5; 15.5; 59.5; 372.5
Posted by Mose, 9:43 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]