Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, June 12, 2015

Above the clubhouse


Nothing special about the picture, except that it was a pretty, springtime scene on the side of a mountain. I ran from the snowmobile clubhouse and upward today, but not at length. It was the spot where I saw my large mystery bird a few weeks ago, but the only things on the wing today were little flickers, a crow and a ruffed grouse acting injured to get me away from a nest. Only odd thing about that was that she did it on my trip down and not when I passed the same spot 20 minutes earlier on the way up. Maybe she was out the first time.

It's a nice morning, temps in the 60s and a little windy (20 mph, I'd reckon). Very clear, though, as you can see by the pictures.


This is, of course, Stonewall Mountain. The only reason I include it here is that it was so clear that the lookout on top was more visible than usual. Don't know how well it shows in the pic, but if you are looking at this on a computer, click on it then click again to zoom in a bit.

Nora's coming tomorrow night and will be here Sunday, so I suppose if I'm going to do something "expedition-ish" this weekend it'll have to be tomorrow. We'll see how I feel.

5; 22; 54.5; 502
Posted by Mose, 9:14 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]