Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, July 17, 2015

Loosening up


I returned to the meadow I "discovered" last week, mostly because it wasn't too grueling in the way of elevation changes, and I wanted to break my semi-exhausted legs in gently after Tuesday's marathon. My right knee had stiffened up a bit Wednesday, and the left hammie that cramped right at the end of the long run still is a little sore. This route has a couple of hundred feet of climbing, but it's generally gentle and otherwise flat. I just wanted to work out the kinks, and this route was perfect for it.

It was an uneventful run. No wildlife, though they were moving a sizable herd of cattle far below along Dalton Mountain Road and I could hear their bawling clear up on top of the mountain. I'd guess they were about a mile away.


This is just a little swale that I thought looked pretty on the way back down. Probably the coolest thing about today's weather was the clarity of the air. After a few weeks of hot weather and smoke from fires in Canada, it's been windy and cooler lately and the air was crystalline. I didn't bother photographing the views from on top because I've photographed them in this log so many times before (Stonewall, Blackfoot Valley, Baldy Mountain, etc., all from a distance).


This curved pine caught my attention again today (the photo was taken last Thursday). If I ever need to build an ark (my name is Mose, after all), I have the keel ready-made.

5; 24; 66; 646
Posted by Mose, 9:53 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]