Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Monday, August 03, 2015

New route by river


Went to my regular river route today, but changed it up at the far end. At my usual turnaround spot, I found a path down the gully and through a fence. There was the remnant of an old road that I followed west to the large meadow where I saw a moose a few months ago. It's part of the farm/ranch that sits west of the state land and along Dalton Mountain Road.

This picture is of the meadow, and it's looking down the Blackfoot Valley to the canyon west of town.


This is the overgrown road before it joined the western boundary road. You can see the barn through the aspen.

I took the boundary road toward the river to where it joins up with the road I always run on parallel to the river. My pace has picked up a bit over the summer, because even though I didn't feel like I was pushing at all, I got to the turnaround spot two minutes earlier than on earlier runs.

The flower at right is called owl clover. I've been seeing quite a bit of it lately. It's pretty, but odd.

Nice morning; high 40s at the beginning and high 50s by the end. Sunny, but there's some rain in the forecast.

5; 5; 16; 702
Posted by Mose, 9:14 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]