Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Nostalgia run


In Great Falls to pick up sister Jo at the airport, I ran for old time's sake on the River's Edge Trail. It was a beautiful late morning trot, but with one exception all flat and paved. As a result (and I probably was speeding up a bit so as not to appear to be a doddering old man to the hundreds of other trail users), my legs were painfully stiff on Sunday. I didn't expect that, but it kept me from running that day. Did do a fair bit of chainsaw work at home so made up for it a bit.

Anyway, this is Black Eagle Falls, the uppermost of the five big waterfalls in the Great Falls area.


This is on the catwalk around Giant Springs, looking across the spring at the beginning of the world's shortest river, the Roe. It's in the Guinness Book of Records! I ran past GS to the old stack on the upper trail, then went back through the GS Park and the trail right next to the river.

The only surprise there was that the old dirt footpath through the willows, etc., to the hill on which the three metal L&C statues stand was mucked up by several springs. I remember some wet spots down there, but not this bad. I wonder if the FS and trail folks are trying to discourage using that path?

Not too much else to report about the run. Showered at the Peak gym, of which I'm still a member.

6; 25; 36; 722
Posted by Mose, 8:21 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]