Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back to Baldy


Went a little earlier today in an effort to avoid the folks I ran into yesterday, and it mostly worked. I went back to Baldy Mountain and ran uneventfully three miles up and back. The above picture is just the view, including a striking contrail, at the spot where I turned around today. I'll go longer one day this weekend, probably Sunday because of the football games (Nebraska plays at 11 a.m., I think).

Tomorrow I may run in Great Falls again since I'll be there anyway for an early morning doctor appointment.

On the way up, a Forest Service pickup came speeding down the road faster than I would have thought safe (it's a narrow, very rocky road). She waved as she went by but I didn't get a good look ... I thought it could have been the woman I saw running up there a week or so ago, but it wasn't.

It was, as expected, colder early in the morning — 39 as I began and in the 50s at the end. Going to book flights to Denver and from Minneapolis today, so I'll be running in some unusual places later this month.

6; 16; 16; 797
Posted by Mose, 9:56 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]