Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Iced out!


I strapped on my YakTrax and drove to Baldy this morning, and it would have been lunacy to try to run on it. The road on which I've been running looked like the above road (which is the road at my house in Lincoln), except that it was a 6-8 percent grade. It was all I could do to turn my car around on the level spot where I park. It is melted and remelted snow on which it has been raining for the past 24 hours.

Unless things change, tomorrow I'll go with just running shoes to the state land/Blackfoot River spot where I ran yesterday. By then most of the snow on that track should be gone. It's about 40 degrees and has been for 24 hours, and it rained almost all day yesterday. My gauge shows 0.3 of an inch, which is a lot for this time of year.
Posted by Mose, 7:42 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]