Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Back to the scene ...


... of the wolf fight of the day before. It was quite a bit colder today (18-20), and it snowed more overnight, so I waited until after CBS Sunday Morning and Face the Nation to run. When I did, though, I returned to the route of yesterday, but went farther up. The picture is from some high ground above and on the west side of Keep Cool Creek.

I looked at Google Earth just now and it appears this branch of trail goes far up the creek. Odd I hadn't noticed it before. I'd gone on a parallel track on the other side of the creek a few times, though in spring it was swampy. This one looks like it'd be much drier.

I did still see a few clumps of wolf fur in the snow, but only because a snowmobile had churned it up. The machines are good for me, because they pack the snow to make it runnable.

Light snow fell as I ran, and in open areas there was a stiff breeze out of the northwest that made it ... bracing. I met one snowmobile on the way out, and three more just as I got back to the parking area.

5; 18.5; 20.5; 20.5
Posted by Mose, 11:18 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]