Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Lo-o-ong snowbank!


I felt a little woozy early today, having awakened about 4 in the morning, so I thought to skip a day. Then I fell asleep on the couch while listening to POTUS on the satellite radio and reading newspapers. I ate a small breakfast early, so about 11 I was feeling much more chipper, and it was still cold enough that the mud would be frozen. Off I went to the Humbug Contour Road.

I had decided a few runs ago to try to slog through the snowbank on the northslope part of the road, and today I tried it. Turns out the snowbank was longer than I remembered — about a mile by my reckoning. I got to the last northward curve near the end and gave up, mostly because it was getting windy and I, being a bit sweaty, was cold. The picture is near my turnaround point; the hillside above is Baldy Mountain.


Maybe midway through the snowbank is a stretch of bare ground and a nice vista point where the road curves from northward to eastward (and resumption of the snowbank ... maybe even a longer stretch of it than the first one).

Interesting weather, with periods of sun, clouds, sleet and fairly strong wind. Temperature was mid to high 30s. Felt good.

5; 15.5; 41.5; 84.5

Posted by Mose, 12:12 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]