Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Surprisingly good day


This hollow specimen on a trail near the west edge of the Robious Landing park is the only one of its kind that I've seen. Today, after a bout of, shall we say, illness born of a dinner of Buffalo-style chicken last night at a sports bar, I wasn't expecting to go far, but surprised myself with how good I felt.


Swi and I both laughed at the idea of a guy using a leaf blower in the park over the weekend. Just two days later they're ankle deep in many places and falling fast. I can see how the trails might be a little treacherous (i.e. slippery) if it rains. Now, though, they're great, as long as you watch your footing.


Today I explored a single-track path that headed west near the park's southern edge. I ran into a woman with her dog there, and when I asked she obligingly pointed out the two spots were I could take a small trail north toward the river. One of the paths she pointed out followed this creek and came close to park's western boundary. Eventually it reached the river.

I went back the way I'd come, and did the small-ish trail three times.

Beautiful day, in the mid-40s and sunny. By my time, I'm sure I exceeded 3 miles today, but I'll be conservative about how slow I run these days.

3; 8; 19; 176
Posted by Mose, 10:19 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]