Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Hunt


I will keep an eye out for a better example of the shapely, round-topped pines that are almost as characteristic of this area's scenery as the tall, slender cyprus trees. This mediocre photo is about as close as I can get to an example along the running route I've been on so far in this area.

I more or less (actually less) repeated my usual route along the Val di Pesa. Today I met two other runners and several walkers, all of whom were at least friendly enough to respond to a smiling buon giorno.

Today's excitement was provided before and after the run in the little drainage Carlo's house abuts. It was a wild boar hunt, complete with yelling hunters (presumably sweeping the area and communicating with each other and their dogs by means of yells) and barking hounds. Every half hour or so, that racket is interrupted by a burst of five to 10 gunshots. Fascinating.

3; 6.5; 9.5; 199
Posted by Mose, 6:12 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]