Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Monday, March 13, 2017

Back in the Montana snow


Returned to the Sucker Creek road east of town, the road on which I resumed running two years ago in the winter. I started today with an easy slog in the mud, snow and ice. I did wear my YakTrax for footing, and it turned out to be a good decision. Interestingly, I looked back at my entries from this date in '016 and '015 and there was virtually no snow, except for a few days right after squalls went through or up really high, like on the Humbug Contour Road on Baldy Mountain. Both years, I was seeing lots of elk on several different routes around Lincoln. Right now almost none of those routes is available because of snow.


This is what the road looks like. The track on the right is the snowmobile trail, which goes out to the "Ponderosa Snow Warriors" clubhouse a mile or so on up into the trees.

It was a beautiful day, 40 degrees or so and sunny, but there was a fairly stiff wind from the southwest. Forecast is for more of the same, possibly touching 50 on a day or two.


This was my first trot since returning from Europe. My last run was a five-miler with Francesco, Andrea and Carlo in late February. I felt fine today, but the footing was tough and I don't like to get too stiff after a couple of weeks off.

2; 2; 2; 36.5
Posted by Mose, 9:59 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]