Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Back after health-related hiatus


Pretty sky on the way back down the Contour Road and up the Poorman Creek drainage. I went there today after 8 days off, the result of three things: 1) My injured knee flared up to the point that I was limping and it was tight; I iced and heated it a lot during the week. 2) My sore back from a few weeks ago seemed to settle into my right buttock ... not debilitating, but uncomfortable at times. And 3) There were many days of rain and/or snow, none forbidding but uncomfortable nonetheless. I think the back and knee things were related — a flareup of some kind of virus or something, because I was sleeping a lot, too.

Anyway, I felt great today. It was in the low 40s and rained lightly on me at the top.


This, I believe, is the last of the infamous snowbank that I've been turned back from or that I've struggled forward on for the past month. It is all but gone now, so the whole Humbug Contour Road is open to me now.


This ridge, the south side of Disappearing Creek's little drainage, is the same one I photographed reflected in a mud puddle last week.

5; 5; 59; 127.5
Posted by Mose, 12:03 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]