Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Back up Baldy


Well, this is a very short video that I decided to try to show the snow falling (sparse snowflakes don't show up well in still photos). This is at the turnaround spot on the Humbug Contour Road. Because there was a bunch of new snow in the snowbank, I decided not to slog on up to where I've slogged the past couple of times, just because the footing wouldn't be so good.

I can't make the video work, but if you click on it at least you can see the falling snow. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. I'm batting 1.000 on having videos fail on this blog. After you've clicked on it, you'll need to hit the back button (alt left-arrow) to get back to the blog.

We got about 5-6 inches of snow over the weekend. Most is gone already, but not in the shaded north slope.


Along the way, the puddles were full. I was trying to catch the light rain drops falling on the puddle, but as it happened the rain kind of stopped when I stopped to shoot it. Maybe if you click on it to blow it up, you'll see a little, but not much.

Felt pretty good; cool, overcast morning (35 or so), with scattered snow showers. I skipped the snow day (Sunday), then Monday and Tuesday while awaiting workmen who never showed up. (Fix furnace and figure out strategy for fixing my collapsed porch awning on the creek side.)

4.5; 4.5; 42.5; 111
Posted by Mose, 12:30 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]