Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Friday, May 19, 2017

Above the clouds


Beautiful run on the Humbug Contour Road this morning. In it, I literally ran out of, or rather ran above, the clouds. This view is across the valley where clouds/fog obscure Lincoln.

The temperature was 30 degrees as I started and as I finished. A thin layer of ice lay on puddles, and the grass up high was frosted.

This is looking just a little more westerly toward Black Mountain and Huckleberry pass.

This is the moment of emerging from the fog, probably a quarter to a half mile below the upper (and closed atm wildlife gate).


Driving north from Lincoln, I emerged from the dense fog just a mile or so short of my Contour Road trailhead. Running on the road, it didn't take long to get back to the fog.

This is just a little higher up than the last picture.

I ran all the way to the upper switchbacks, same as a week ago when I ran into all the glacier lilies. Didn't see any today, come to think of it.

7; 17.5; 44.5; 177




Posted by Mose, 9:51 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]