Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Big Up to Mount Helena


This is the top of Mount Helena (5,485), which I reached in a little more than 50 minutes — slower than in the past, but hey, it's a 1,300-foot vertical! Got down faster, but not much because the Hogback Trail I took is really treacherous for a slightly vertiginous old man with a slightly bum leg and a fear of falling.

I actually ran into Dan Hollow on the Prairie Trail part of my run. He was on his bicycle. We had a nice chat and he informed me that another old buddy, Brad Hurd, is in Helena again, too.


Here's the city center of Helena from 1,300 feet above. Nice day; a little cool (60s) and very windy at times.


This is looking just about straight west from the peak. I was huffing and puffing pretty good by the time I got up, but I did make it.


This is just a little north of the previous picture, and it shows the western part of Helena below. The trail I took kind of climbs around to the west side of the mountain then goes up the back. Nice.

Quite a few people up there today, which is good to see. I've called it 7 in the past, though I don't think it's quite that far. But factoring in the elevation change, I don't mind.

7; 23; 51; 263

Posted by Mose, 3:35 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]