Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Monday, July 17, 2017

Another earthquake!


The 40-acre (or so) Park Creek Fire on Stonewall Mountain continues to smolder and spread, despite firefighting efforts. It was pretty windy yesterday, which probably hampered the folks on the mountain.

About 5 hours before I ran this morning, the Lincoln area was rattled by another earthquake, this one a magnitude 4.0. It woke me up and I was very aware. I looked at USGS websites later this morning, after running, to see if I had been imagining things, and sure enough: A 4.0 about 13 miles southeast of Lincoln (a little farther away than last week's 5.8) hit at 2:49 a.m.


Here's today's turnaround spot, with Baldy looming in the distance. Beautiful, calm morning, but chilly — 39 when I left the house, and only low 50s when I finished.

5; 5; 60.5; 338.5
Posted by Mose, 9:14 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]