Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Back on the Humbug with little smoke


The usual vista point on the Humbug Contour Road, shot only to show how the smoke is just hanging at the north side of the valley today. The air where I ran was actually pretty darn clear.


The sky and view at the turnaround point demonstrates that the air this far (six miles or so south) from the fires was almost pristine today. Felt good chugging a little farther up the trail than I did the last few times with Swi.


About halfway up, in the vicinity of the crack I attributed to our earthquake a few weeks ago, and for a fair distance, I saw tracks like these that I am unable to identify. They probably are some kind of deer or sheep, but they seemed basically round instead of narrow and cloven. About 2 inches in diameter. I was thinking bighorns maybe, but they, too, appear to have deer-like cloven hooves like those of deer or elk.

Anyway,

5.5; 5.5; 25.5; 386
Posted by Mose, 1:45 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]