Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Beautiful morning; elk


It is nice out today, and the floodwater is receding. My creek (at the house) is high and murky, but the Blackfoot and Keep Cool Creek both were down a tiny bit ... the levels were about the same, but the water was clarifying a bit.

If you look closely at the middle of the above photo, you'll see a remnant of a herd of elk. I counted no fewer than 50. Amazingly, my turnaround was maybe five minutes past the elk, and when I came back buy about 12 minutes later, they were nowhere to be seen.


My turnaround (the stranded footbridge in picture) was the usual at Keep Cool, and not far from the elk.

4; 15; 30.5; 44.5
Posted by Mose, 10:24 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]