Running on ...

HOME OF THE 'TALL MAN'... (And you can see the blog pictures below in much greater detail simply by clicking on them)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

More moon, after the eclipse


Here's what we saw last night (not three moons, but the eclipse). It was really sweet, making the moon really look like a three-dimensional ball instead of the usual 2-D disc. When I ran this morning, it was back to "normal," but bright enough to read by.

I reverted today to the extended graveyard route, and it was spectacular because of the bright moon. Got an early start again, and had everything to myself.

It's 24 or so and relatively calm. I was comfortable and felt good, despite this week's high mileage. It's as if another threshold has been crossed. I may have to run up to Seeley Lake this weekend for the Snow Joke half marathon. Probably not.

Anyway, I extended the extended a little today, first by overshooting 21st (went to 22nd) on the south, then by going out the nuns' little trail, to what I think is probably about 31st or 32nd St, then back to the long driveway and back to the school on 29th.

Uneventful except for the great moon.

7-1/2; 29-1/2; 116-1/2; 204
Posted by Mose, 5:42 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment |

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]